Cape Ascents offers personalised mountain trails will take you directly to the location of some of the rarest indigenous wild orchid species… sometimes requiring to get off the beaten track to get close to some species. This hike can only be booked as a full day hike.
- Great experience with amazing views.
- Opportunity to see some of the wild orchid species in bloom on Table Mountain or Peninsula in the wild as far as Cape Point.
- Not guaranteed that the orchids will be flowering even if it is supposed to flower as nature is very unpredictable and the majority of orchids only flower after bush fires.
- Outing is weather dependent although orchids like harsh conditions.
- Bookings are essential: Depending on what time of year and orchid specie that might be flowering.
- This is a specialised tour… group of maximum 6 adults as only one guide will be designated to the group for these tours. On request and arranged well in advance bigger groups can be accommodated. Rates will change as additional guide must be assigned from “outside” to assist with the group.
- These tours are no ordinary ‘tourist route’ although using some or the majority of the recognised trails. Groups are given the opportunity to discover the southern tip of Africa as Mother Nature intended to look at these orchids in their natural environment.
- Many ‘hidden places’ known to the guide where orchid species can be found and sighted.
- Table Mountain is one of the recognised floral kingdoms (fynbos) in the world offering an amazing day out, exploring flowers and botanical life ensuring an unforgettable experience set in the unspoilt beauty of the Western Cape with its wild orchid trails.